Friday, March 04, 2005

to hell with all this hip. beautiful. shit.

To hell with torment that sounds poetic
Because it’s said by people who are attractive
Or that sounds tragic
Because it’s from those who are not

To hell with your phonecalls
And expectations
Which make me chew the edges of my fingers with guilt
So my hands look unattractive in the morning

To hell with your staying in
And sobriety
To the black marker outlines of judgement
Round your every word

To hell with not drinking flat beer
Because it is flat
And you are used to better

To hell with not smoking at 5am
Because you’re precocious
And your life is worth more than cancer wards
And tracheal examinations

To hell with you not replying
And the twenty eight times I check my email a day
For the crap and mundanities
You would deign to send me
To turn the keyboard to dribbles
It’s fucking rude.

To hell with your rejections
That you offer out like candy
Because you’re bitter with experience
And your pleasures in playing editor
Who gets to decide

To hell with my typing after a cigarette
And the inability to spell
It induces in my fingers

To hell with you thinking
I’m always on drugs
Because you’re scared to dance
Like you mean it




add your own hell here...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home